The area at the confluence of the Danube and Morava rivers has been settled since prehistoric times. A massive Great Moravian stronghold was built here in the 9th century. In 1809, the castle was destroyed by the Napoleon´s army. In individual parts of the castle, the ground plans of an early Christian chapel from the 4th century and the foundations of the Great Moravian church from the 9th century are marked.
Info & Booking
IV – V, IX Tue – Sun 10.00 – 18.00
VI – VIII Tue – Sun 10.00 – 19.00
X, III Tue – Sun 10.00 – 17.00
XI – II Tue – Sun 10.00 – 16.00
break: 12.00 – 13.00
last admission: 45 mins. before closing
A one-time entry per card.
Free entry is not valid during special concerts and events such as Knights at the Castle.
The exposition and the exhibition are accessible only from March to October.
A registration form for lectures in English available at mmb.sk.
IV – X: 8 €, XI – III: 4 €
Bratislava City Museum
+421 2 6545 9013